Aurifil Cotton Makò 50 Wt. Thread features a superior fine long staple mercerized Egyptian cotton and has become very popular for a variety of uses. This weight provides great results when working by hand or machine and in the bobbin. Aurifil 50 wt. is fine and thin which is helpful in creating a very flat seam when machine piecing. While using it for machine applique, this weight disappears so your fabric is the feature. Quilters love it for piecing and is the finest of Mako’ threads.
Its versatility, strength, lustrous color and the fact that it produces virtually no lint is the reason Aurifil threads have achieved worldwide success, adored by a dedicated tribe of quilters, sewists, and textile artists. Originally conceived for the Italian high fashion and luxury bed linen markets, Aurifil are purveyors of 100% Egyptian cotton threads, grown in the Mako region of Egypt and manufactured in Milano, Italy. Thread is not “just” thread when it’s Aurifil.
- Brand: Aurifil
- Color: 2021 Natural White
- Thread Weight: 50 Weight
- Contains: 1422 Yards/1300 Meters (Large Spool)
- Material Content: 100% Long Staple Mercerized Egyptian Mako Cotton
- Origin: Made in Milano, Italy
- Recommended Uses: Basic Machine Piecing, Machine Applique’ (Straight Stitch, Zig Zag, Blind Hem and Blanket Stitch), Needle-turn Applique’, Raw Edge/Fused Applique', English Paper Piecing, Hand Piecing, Foundation Paper Piecing, English Paper Piecing, Machine Embroidery, Domestic Machine Quilting (Dense Machine Quilting, Subtle Machine Quilting, Free Motion Quilting, Stitch In The Ditch Quilting), Thread Painting, Decorative Stitching, Embellishment, and Basting.